Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Building a park

 I've found another game to play recently! Well, one I've always known about, I had it on PS2 when it came out on there but I always figured my computer wouldn't be able to handle it and never bothered to even look. When I went looking a few days ago, my plan was to get Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 because I figured my computer would work better with it, but then looking at the years on them, and then the specs needed, I decided to go for RCT3 and it works! I was soooo excited and I've spent way too much time the last week or so building parks. I usually get into them a little bit, decide I don't like it, quit, and start all over. That picture up above is the first picture of my most recent start. One I'm determined to stick to and finish out. Click the jump to see more pictures, and some videos. 



 First off, the parks not even open yet. I made a custom scenario, made the park as big as it would go, and gave myself a million dollars to start with. I don't like playing with unlimited money because where's the challenge in that? But I did want to get a pretty good chunk of the park done before I opened it up. Which is the next issue. Before the park opens, it needs a name!  

 One thing I don't like and kinda uglies up the park for me, are the food and drink stalls, and the shop and bathroom stalls as well so I've been looking up ways to make the park look better and hide all the ugly stalls. I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with building buildings around them to hide them. Pretty much solves that problem. The little house building look so much better than the stalls. 

 I reallyyyy like these two pictures a lot. Yeah, really, someone needs to take this game from me. I'm not even kidding.

Roller coasters have been added! Or well, this is the third and fourth coasters but still, they have been added! Eee! I built these in the coaster design tool first, saved them, and brought them over to put them in the ark. I love how the one goes over the monorail thingy like that, I think it'll make for a better monorail ride around the park, more exciting. At least it would for me.

Now, videos! Sorry they don't have sound, I'll have to work on that and add some music or something to the next ones. I don't have a mic, so no commentary or voice overs at all, sorry about that but hope you enjoy them anyways.





No comments:

Post a Comment